Covid 19 Life from Home and Your Wellness Journey

10:58Whitney Hills

Good afternoon and happy monday! Now that we have gotten weeks into life in isolation, I know that many of you are starting to attempt to adapt as much as possible and make the best out of the situation. Everyone is really having their own experience and coping in the best ways possible (hopefully). I really feel for all of you who are trying to work from home and take care of your children, those who are alone and isolated, and those going into stressful work experiences on the daily. Those who own businesses or who are struggling to pay your rent are also experiencing very tough times. Compassion for yourself and others around you is so very important right now. 



You may have been consuming more baked goods, having awful sleeps and drinking more than usual. Alternatively you could be be oversleeping, lethargic or breaking out into tears on the regular...all totally normal experiences. 

I have gone from being very productive and active to days where I stay in bed reading trashy news articles. Finding a rhythm and balance can be challenging, but I have always noticed that I thrive when on a routine and schedule.

 I miss my clients so so much (nothing breaks me out of a morning tired funk than a good session with one of my ladies), but am trying to adapt the best way possible, and take on healthy coping methods. 

Given that some of us will probably not have this much time on our hands for a while, it is a good time to take control of our lives and maybe reap some benefit and self discovery from this down time,

 So here are some questions to ask yourself. I will fill out my own answers to stay accountable! Please send me yours if you need some help or accountability. I encourage my clients to commit to this!

1. What are some positive habits or things I have discovered about myself? 

  • I actually enjoy meditation, and am on an 11 day streak with over 5 hours meditated!
  • Being accountable and setting up a schedule for oneself really helps
  • I am really enjoying my essential oils, nature/yoga soundtracks, candles and relaxation time. If I avoid this and watch the news, it seriously impacts my mood.
  • I am actively trying to waste less and am more eco-conscious.
2. What are some things that I have accomplished?

  • I have set up a Youtube channel and learnt how to create movies/workouts online
  • I have set up and cleaned organized the rooms in my condo, creating a better and more peaceful space
  • I am doing more cooking
3. What self-care routines help me to feel better/more energized?
  • Hot showers/baths
  • Listening to sleep music
  • Deep breathing
  • Daily sunlight when possible
  • Putting on music and dancing/moving
3. What are some of the things that I can do better on/work towards?

  • Being more consistent with (health/nourishing) meals/food, increase leafy greens
  • Be more communicative and understanding in my relationships during this time
  • Bring more consistent with yoga (1 class/ week)

  • Avoiding reading the news/phone at bedtime-- specifically learning to sit with a process thoughts at the end of the night rather than stay up and snack
  • Being nicer to myself re: not having access to weights and seeing muscle mass decrease
4. What are some of the things that I would like to achieve over the upcoming weeks?
  • Go for 2 bike rides per week
  • Avoid night time snacking/cut sugar for 5 days
  • Continue on with 30 days of meditation
  • Book in one yoga session (done for wednesday) and my first online therapy session
  • Source local products that I need 

So there ya go....a little bit of self-reflection can go a long way. 
Please feel free to do your own and send them my way!

Also I really want to promote shopping local and have been trying to support local business.
Here are some of my own friends/clients business' that I have supported. Please let me know if you have any go to local business' I may be interested in!

Local Businesses to Support During Coivid:

My Indie Coffee-- amazing coffee and coffee products. I am hooked!
https://myindiecoffee.com/

Hercs Nutrition Cityplace-- Knowledgeable staff to help you navigate your supplement needs at 123 Fort York Blvd in Toronto. Order on Foodora and help support small business @hercscityplace

Nadia Lloyd-- local artist who is creating masks for locals and supporting health care workers

Liberty Pooch-- my fave local dog walkers are now creating doggy bowties and face masks for locals and health care workers @libertypooch for info

Cider House-- pick up some great local ciders and baked goods (unreal!) Check out their IG for the next saturday that they are available and preorder  @ciderhouseroncy

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I woke up this morning and was reading other bmagnum supplements (magnum supplements reviews
    ) and it got me thinking about does magnum blood flow work. I haven't had any bloodwork done in a few years but I'm hoping that maybe you all can help me with some info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tHANKS FOR SHARING THIS ARTICLE.... IT VERY HELPFULL FOR ME https://www.musclenutrition.co.in/products/100-whey-protein-concentrate-2kg-chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much for your valuable and meaningful article.... IT VERY HELPFULL FOR ME
    https://www.musclenutrition.co.in/products/extreme-mass-gainer-2-72kg-chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much for your valuable and meaningful article.... it very helpfull for me
    it very helpfull for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you very much for your valuable and meaningful article.... it very helpfull for me

    Muscle Nutritionfor

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form