nutrition recipe

Squash and Chickpea Curry

17:30Whitney Hills

new favourite condiment
      I had the pleasure of being invited for lunch at a client of mine's after her session. She had made the famous curry which she had been raving about, and I had been dying to try for over a year. It was soooooo good that I got the recipe and decided I needed to make it ASAP, like hours later. Now if you know me, you know that I rarely cook.  This delicious vegan stew was taken from Canadian Livings "best recipes ever" Get it here.

What I love about it:
1. It takes a cutting board and a dutch oven. That is it. Which means few dishes! Huge selling point (I don't mind cooking, it's the dishes I loathe).
2. It's cheap! I got all of the ingredients (minus the PB which I had and substituted for cashew butter) for $20! I believe this serves waaaay more than 4-6 servings, probably 8-10.
3. Its healthy. Full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. You probably get 4 servings of veggies in one bowl.

looks so 80's! But soo good
4. It's healing! I got minced ginger/garlic/and chili and used this in the dish, along with Patak's curry. Lots of antioxidants and anti bacterials.
5. It is versatile. You can switch up the veggies, serve over meat, add shrimp or tofu, serve as a gravy, stew

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form