Birthday wishes

14:54Whitney Hills

I am about 7.5 weeks away from my next fitness competition. Even just typing that number seems a bit daunting. A few weeks back I was focused and determined on absolutely winning and getting my pro card. Over the weeks self-doubts surfaced. The reality is, when entering one of these competitions, you never know who will turn up as your competition.

Many have asked me why I enter these things, and my honest answer is that it forces me to change my habits and sharpen up my lifestyle. Theres nothing like knowing you have to stand on stage in a bikini to make you stop eating crap and going to the bar. The reality is that each show is a competition with yourself. At 7 weeks out I am in the best shape of my life, despite recovering from both chronic and acute injuries this year, and feel like I have more control over my circumstances. In fact, despite a rigorous training routine and carb cycling, I'm the happiest I've been.

 I have decided to put less pressure on myself to win a trophy, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm already winning my own battle.

One reason I decided to write this post is because I know how overwhelming and frustrating it can be to try to change your habits and transform your life. Clients don't want to hear that it may take years before you feel confident about your eating habits, but I truly feel the process has been worth it. The gift of health, confidence, and self-esteem is the best gift you can give yourself, and the journey is truly rewarding.

I promised myself that I would "get my shit together" and change my habits at 30, and less than a week away from my 31st birthday, I can honestly say that my goal has been achieved.

I am looking forward to seeing what the next 7 weeks brings, and then the next year. Life is too short to short change yourself, and it is never too late to make changes.

Pants at www.nadialloyd.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form