On making excuses

16:04Whitney Hills

         Thankfully about 85% of my clients are staying on track and seeing results, however there's always a couple that just can't seem to get it. Years ago the success rate wasn't as good (I'm pretty good at knowing who will be successful by our first meeting, Liberty Village area also has a motivated demographic which helps the batting average).
          There will always be an excuses for being lazy, and I've heard them all. Being too tired and too busy are my favourites. Newsflash: we're all tired and busy. I don't have a single client that consistently works 8 hour days and doesn't have other life commitments. In fact I've got clients that are very pregnant (and tired and sick), having dying family members, are battling life threatening illness, have serious mental health issues, chronic disease, have kids/grandkids/great grandkids. They're still getting it done.
            Now I understand that sometimes one gets thrown off their game. I deal with SAD every year, from October-February. I can barely get out of bed, let alone be a motivator for others. But do I get 3+ workouts in all winter? You betcha. Do I want to? Are they super tough hardcore workout? Hell no. Working out is akin to brushing your teeth and showering. It's not something that you may want to do, in fact it can be a pain in the butt. It's  something that we do to take care of ourselves, and one of those tasks that you don't regret doing once it's done.
             Thank goodness we're in March and the motivation has returned and I am finally enjoying them again and kicking some ass in the gym, and I've also noticed many clients feeling the same way.  I think everyone has it in them to make changes, and it is truly rewarding and empowering to aid someone in changing their lives and achieving their goals. The reality is that as much as I can try to help, change comes from within, and there needs to be a serious drive and desire to improve ones life. 
          Don't sell yourself short and make excuses, make a small commitment to make a change to start and go from there. If you need extra help find a buddy, hire a trainer or join a support group (like weight watchers or an online forum, or Facebook page) and do activities that you enjoy rather than workouts that you think are a chore. 
       

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form