featured recipe

Chia Pudding and Blueberry Shake

11:47Whitney Hills

Ahhhh Blueberries!!! Ahhh Superfoods!

I am trying to experiment with new foods and teach everyone about different superfoods that are becoming more common place in the market. 

First up we have CHIA PUDDING! I was in a jam for an on-the-go snack last week while rushing around and picked up a pudding from Live Market. It was great, but $4 (seen them go for up to $7). I thought I had to try this myself. So off to bulk barn I went...
I wanted to try something different so I used kefir instead of almond or coconut milk (and that was all I had in the fridge). I left it over night...
 It was actually pretty gross as suspected. Too tangy and tart, and I understand why all of the recipes that I found had some form of sweetness added. It became amazing  I added frozen blueberries and Splenda. I love the texture of half melted berries. Any berry will, or apples, pears, dates, etc.
You can try maple syrup or agave if you prefer. This will be a regular snack for me. All you need to do is soak 1/3 cup of seeds in 1.5 cups of liquid overnight.
Chia is in the mint family and is rich in omega three fatty acids. It is rich in b vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
Be aware that there may be an increased risk of bleeding in those taking anticoagulants so avoid chia if that's the case.

The second recipe is my clients recipe for a Blueberry Protein Shake. Thanks Miss Penny for the tips!

2/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana (sometimes I use less, she has used avocado as well)
1/2 cup coconut/almond milk (she uses just almond, I prefer the combo. Have also used kefir)...
dash cinnamon chocolate chili powder (I used a bit of pumpkin pie spice and chili flakes as I don't have the choco chili)
optional- dash chia or ground flax or hemp hearts
1 scoop protein powder


Because of the carbs this shake has a lot of staying power. Great post workout, more of a meal than a snack. I love this new one. The cinnamon makes it have a complex nutty flavour.

ALSO PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE
https://www.facebook.com/whitneynicolehills

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Best protein snacks

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form